Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13

Yesterday was snowy, and kind of windy.

Today is also snowy, at least earlier in the day it was, I'm not sure if it was windy because I didn't go outside today. I did take a picture though, which I will upload from my phone shortly.

Temperature: 31°F
Dewpoint: 25°F
Humidity: 80%
Pressure: 1013.7 mb

 As you can see there is a dry line associated with the warm moist air and the dry cool air mixing with the low pressure system over Quebec; which may be causing the precipitation in our area today and possibly tomorrow as well. There appears to be an airmass moving down from the north, as can be seen in the jetstream picture below, the large purple area at the top. The jetstream will move those lows across the states, bringing us more precipitation in the following days.

Here you can see the mass of moisture that those low pressure systems represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment