Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here we go...

So, I have been tasked with taking a daily log of the weather for my Geography 341 class, Weather and Society, at the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire. I will be using a variety of resources, online and in hand that will help me observe and predict the weather. Right now I don't really know what I'm doing, but I will give it a quick shot to begin.

It is 2:34pm and the current temperature according to Weatherbug is 29°F, with a high of 30° F and a low of 21° F. The wind is blowing to the S at 5mph. Looking outside it looks like a mix of rain and snow. The day started out decent, with an overcast of clouds. Judging by the radar I'm guessing that tomorrow might be similar, but hopefully less snow.

This storm caught me quite by surprise. My mother in law was visiting over the weekend and I happened to check the weather report when I woke up at 8am, and I noticed a severe winter storm warning and I let her know, so she was able to drive home to Marshfield before the storm even arrived. So we didn't get to spend the day together as planned, but at least she was able to get home safely.

I will try to add pictures of what I see both in person and online. Here is a picture from Weather.com of today's storm, which I've just learned is named Luna:


And another photo from my apartment building:

No comments:

Post a Comment