Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jan. 29 Icy and dreary.

Hey!

Its really wet and dreary outside. Class was cancelled this morning due to icy road conditions (I didn't know until I came to campus!). So today we were to get started with blogger, since class was cancelled I'm just going to wing it again today, and hope for the best. :D

I really like to use wunderground.com on my desktop to view the weather, and also weatherbug app on my smartphone. I think weather is one of the great icebreakers, everyone experiences weather, so its often a great way to start a conversation.

Well, according to wunderground.com here are today's stats as of 10:38am:

Temperature is 35.4°F
Wind is 3.1 mph to the SW with gusts of 8.3
Pressure is 29.59 in
Humidity is 87%
and Dewpoint is 32°F

Image from weather.com:
You can see the wind coming from up from the south, creating warmer temperatures and fog.

Fog on my way to school at 7:30am (don't worry I wasn't driving)

I got my National Audubon Society Field Guide to Weather in the mail last night. I will try using it tomorrow. Yesterday was warm, and had heavy rain and snow. Looking at the weather.com picture, I am guessing it may get colder tomorrow, with more snow or ice possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment