Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10, getting tired of snow.

I'm so jealous of my B.C. family and friends, I want to see plants and stuff sprout now too! Ready for spring.
 
Here is a photo looking to the West from my apartment at about 8:30am. You can see stratus clouds, it is now overcast and snowing/raining lightly.

Temperature: 35°F
Dewpoint: 33°F
Wind: 8mph E NE
Humidity: 94%
Pressure: 29.90" rising

Cool weather map from weather.com, shows those low pressure systems we talked about yesterday just moving along. There is a neat pattern of warm and cold air fronts. It appears as though there is a continental polar airmass moving down from the north bringing a cold front over Wisconsin. We have warm air, possibly maritime tropic moving up from the south, creating moisture over Iowa, and Illinois (I think, forgive my Canadian ignorance, I swear I'm learning all the state names!).

because of that high pressure system I am going to predict that the next few days will include more precipitation and near freezing temperatures, but by mid week it should pick up with clearer skies and higher temperatures.

 You can see a divide between wind direction in Wisconsin and Michigan, indicating that cold front.
 The low pressure system in our area can be seen in that trough, but this also indicates that possibly that high pressure system may move our way too.
 lots of water vapor in mid-eastern United States. There also exists a possibility that the moisture over Alberta may find its way to us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment